I always like the idea of planning something lavish for Valentines Day, but then the reality of the day sinks in... its a weeknight, everywhere is crowded, flowers are 10times the price and you're kind of over it... well at least that's how it is in our house. Now don't get me wrong, my husband pulls out lavish romantic gestures on the regular. But Valentine's Day just isnt our thing.
This weekend we decided to take a little day date and have a nice relaxing lunch at one of our favorites and then wander around downtown Carlsbad. The date was rounded out with a super romantic time at the bar, the genius bar that is. My phone sadly decided it no longer wanted to play and therefore for Valentines Day I became the proud new owner of the iPhone 8+. (Hey at least its something gold right?!?)
Anyway... Day dates are some of our favorites. They can be spontaneous or they can be planned out. They are awesome for when you're on a bit of a budget, and I would imagine easier to ditch the kids.
My top 5 Daytime Dates!
1. Outdoor brunch/lunch followed by a stroll around town. This is an awesome way to explore a new part or neighborhood in your city!
2. Take a class together! Many local cooking stores (we love Sur La Table!) offer cooking classes, your local community college or community center should also have tons of options!
3. Do a little DIY! Have a project at home you guys have been putting off? Crank your favorite tunes, open a bottle of wine and get that bathroom painted. Change your mindset and make it fun.
4. Museums/Aquariums - we happen to live in a city full of beautiful options, if you dont, dont worry! A local art gallery or music store can easily do the trick!
5. Take a drive and point out all the fun places you've been together. Even better? Let the passenger control the radio and make a playlist of your love story!
Just because you're heading out during the day doesn't mean you cant dress the part! I've rounded up my favorite casual valentines day looks including this fun LOVE top I wore on Saturday!
A cute graphic t-shirt and some comfy jeans are the perfect combo for your casual and fun day! The best part? They're all under $20 & ship on prime so you'll have them in no time!