Ahhh mornings… they can either be the best part of the day… or the literal worst. To help me start my day off I’ve been pre -making as we call it in my house my “green drink” each night before bed so I can just grab and go in the mornings!
In full disclosure, this drink isn’t yummy… but to me it’s not bad and I’ve grown to actually crave it! I get that little boost of caffeine I need, some collagen peptides that help me with soooooooo many things – I’ll get more into that in a second, b12 to keep my energy up all day and liquid chlorophyll that helps with gut health. These drinks have helped me with my gut health as well as clean up my skin and help with some joint pain it’s seriously been a game changer in my life.
(I’ve found that this order mixes the best for whatever reason…)
1. Fill cup almost to the top with water, I leave about ¾ of an inch room
2. Add 1 big scoop of collagen peptides
3. Add 1 big scoop of matcha powder
4. Add 1 tablespoon of b12 (check your mcg’s if you purchase another brand and measure accordingly)
5. Add 1 tablespoon of chlorophyll
6. Shake shake shake senora!
7. Enjoy, or put in fridge overnight. I haven’t ever let them go longer than overnight in the fridge.
So why these ingredients?
1. Matcha – packed with antioxidants, boosts metabolism, detoxifies, enhances mood and provides long lasting energy - what isn’t to love?
2. Collagen Peptides - helps improve skin health, increases muscle mass and prevents bone loss, relieves joint pain and helps with gut health.
3. B12- B12 helps your body produce red blood cells. Improves mood and gives you an energy boost if you are deficient. B12 also helps support healthy skin, nails and hair due to its role in cell production.
4. Chlorophyll - the same stuff that helps plants with photosynthesis! This will help support your body in a few ways; it promotes intestinal, digestive and immune health. As an extra benefit it also helps neutralize body odors as an internal deodorant. (Read- less stinky poop).
That’s it guys! Let me know if you try it, I’d love to hear what you think!
(These links are affiliate links, I may make a small profit if you use them!)